The first day of Spring saw Storm Emma take hold around much of the UK.
Roads were closed, public transport was limited and people were told to stay indoors and yet, #eventprofs ventured out for Confex at Olympia.
Francesca, the latest #venuegeek to join Select Event Solutions, made the journey whilst I and Diesel the Dog hunkered down in our bunker-esque office in Richmond…..Diesel is very suspicious of snow, this is the first time he’s really seen it.
#eventprofs are a tenacious bunch, a bit like the snow and frost covered daffodils fighting their way through the deluge of snow bought on by Storm Emma.
As we welcome in Spring it always gets me thinking about longer days, a smattering of sunshine and events potentially taking place outside…..weather permitting!
There are countless, beautiful country hotels in the UK with vast lawns, space for marquees (you need that contingency plan), patios and verandas for BBQ’s and drinks receptions.
If you are in a City Centre it can be tricky to find outdoor space, tricky but not impossible….. here’s a little taste of what’s out there in UK Cities;
1. Clayton Hotel Birmingham – just off Meeting Rooms 1 & 2 on the first floor there is a lovely terrace, ideal for up to 40 delegates in a standing reception. They can host drinks receptions and BBQ’s against a back drop of the Bullring in the distance.
2. BMA House, London – Home to the British Medical Association and also a fab events venue in Central London, BMA House has two outdoor event spaces, The Courtyard and The Garden which houses an abundance of physic plants.
3. DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly – On the ground floor you’ll find the Summer Terrace, just off the Store Street Exchange restaurant and up on the 11th Floor you’ll find the Skylounge with a terrace which can host up to 100 for a reception.
4. Angelica Restaurant, Leeds. On the sixth floor of the Trinity Shopping Centre in Leeds you’ll find Angelica Restaurant which boasts an absolutely stunning terrace with panoramic views of Leeds. This spot is super popular given it’s fab location and great views of the city.
5. Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch – A stone’s throw from Old Street and London’s Silicon Roundabout you’ll find Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch and within that you’ll find their Sky Terrace which can host up 150 people for a reception. Great views can be enjoyed from up here, BBQ’s, drinks reception and there is also a super funky, sleek suite that has it’s own access to the terrace.
Get in touch and let us know about your favourite outdoor events space in UK Cities – we’d love to visit!